CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER
An exciting opportunity for an Executive position of Chief Operations Officer has arisen for a suitably qualified and experienced person at Allied Timbers Zimbabwe (Pvt) Ltd. Allied Timbers Zimbabwe (Pvt) Ltd is a big, local and international provider of high quality and durable timber-based solutions for both industrial and end user markets. The successful incumbent will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Provide day-to-day leadership and management over all Estate Managers and key staff involved in the planning, planting, growth and harvesting of trees.
2) Responsible for driving the company to achieve and surpass production and operational goals.
3) Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies, management of biological assets, plant availability and processes.
4) Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of the company.
5) Motivate and lead a high-performance management team, provide mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development program.
6) Act as lead “client-care officer” through direct contact with every client and partner.
7) Provides timely, accurate, and complete reports on the operating condition of the company.
8) Assist, as required, in raising additional capital at appropriate valuations to enable the Company to meet sales and growth.
9) Foster a success-oriented environment within the company.
10) Manage expenditure and prescribed profit margin.
Skills and Knowledge
1) At least 5 or more years’ experience at Strategic/Senior Management level with track record of implementing profitable strategies.
2) Degree in Forestry/Timber Processing/Wood Technology/Woodlands Management/Agriculture/Conservation Mapping a distinct advantage.
3) Degree in Business Administration or related field an added advantage
4) Master’s in Forestry Management/ Business Administration/Leadership or related field an added advantage.
5) Innovative with an entrepreneurial mind-set with outstanding organisational and leadership skills.
6) Strong understanding of diverse business functions such as Operations, Finance,
Human Resources, Marketing and Corporate Governance
7) Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
8) Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
A remuneration package commensurate with education and experience will be given
to the successful candidate.
Interested candidates meeting the above specifications and qualifications should
apply in writing attaching detailed resumes and 3 traceable referees no later than 25
January 2023 to:-
email: email@example.com to the attention of:
The Human Resources Manager
Allied Timbers Zimbabwe (Pvt) Ltd