Environmental Management Policy
In providing quality timber based solutions to its various stakeholders, ATZ engages in various activities in order to meet its obligations by creating environmental aspects and impacts. Therefore, to address these, ATZ has documented and implemented an Environmental Policy to show its commitment to pollution prevention, continuous improvement of the Environmental Management System, and commitment to applicable environmental legislation and other requirements. ATZ’s approach to Environmental Management aims to satisfy the expectations of our employees, customers, shareholders, suppliers and the community.
To achieve our goals we will
- Comply with the environmental legislation, timber industry environmental codes of practice and other related standards
- Install environmentally responsible values through training and effective communication amongst our employees, customers, shareholders, suppliers and the community
- Integrate environmental principles with quality, employees’ health, and Safety concerns.
- Ensure the optimal use of the forest resource and minimize waste in all Forestry and processing operations
- Carry out environmental impact assessments on all old and new projects and mitigate against their negative effect to the environment.
- Institute regular, comprehensive and systematic environmental audits.
- Endeavour to continuously improve our environmental performance.