An exciting opportunity for the position of Internal Auditor has arisen for a suitably qualified and experienced person at Allied Timbers Zimbabwe (Pvt) Ltd. Allied Timbers Zimbabwe (Pvt) Ltd is an extensive, local and international provider of high quality and durable timber-based solutions for both industrial, domestic and end user markets. The successful incumbent will report to the Senior Internal Auditor and shall be based in Mutare.
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Prepare and or contribute to the preparation of work plans.
2) Conduct discussions of preliminary nature with heads of operations audited.
3) Conduct, in accordance with IIA standards, financial, operational and compliance audits of operations.
4) Check and verify all accounting books and records in conformity with applicable reporting framework, industry standards, best practices, and corporate guidelines – inspect Budgets, Balance Sheets and other related financial records and statements.
5) For the processes audited, review and evaluate the system of management controls and assess their adequacy and effectiveness and where appropriate, draft potential recommendations for improvements.
6) Assess the reliability and effective use of internal controls and assist in reviewing administrative procedures.
7) Carry out a full audit of Allied Timbers Zimbabwe (Pvt) Ltd including accessing risk and taking the necessary risk management steps to forestall fraud.
8) Prepare and present reports that clearly reflect the audit results of work performed for review by the Head Internal Audit.
9) Ensure control management regarding financial reliability and compliance by making sure that directions and regulations are strictly adhered to.
10) Act objectively by giving independent advice in order to achieve organisational goals.
11) Ensure total compliance with regulatory guidelines and internationally accepted auditing standards.
Qualifications and Experience
1) A BAcc/Bcom degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Studies.
2) Possession of a professional certification such as CIA, CPA, and ACCA. CISA will be an added advantage.
3) 3 years’ experience in internal and external audit from an Accounting Firm.
4) Clean class 4 driver’s license a must.
Skills and Knowledge
1) A team player – able to identify and rectify skills gaps and recommend try interventions
2) Excellent presentation skills – PowerPoint
3) Very analytical skills (excel spreadsheet)
A remuneration package commensurate with education and experience will be given to the successful candidate.
Interested candidates meeting the above specifications and qualifications should apply in writing attaching detailed Resumes and 3 traceable referees no later than
15 September 2023 to email: firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of:
The Human Resources Executive
Allied Timbers Zimbabwe (Pvt) Ltd
125A Borgward Road