Accounts Officer Creditors
An exciting opportunity for the position of Accounts Officer Creditors has arisen for a suitably qualified and experienced person at Allied Timbers Zimbabwe (Pvt) Ltd. Allied Timbers Zimbabwe (Pvt) Ltd is an extensive, local and international provider of high quality and durable timber-based solutions for both industrial, domestic and end user markets. The successful incumbent will report to the Financial Accountant and shall be based in Mutare.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation and processing of month-end reporting up to the Trial Balance stage, assisting with the preparation of budgets, cash-flows and forecasting reports
- Prepare daily cash and bank balances report and submit to management.
- Perform creditors’ reconciliations ensuring that creditors’ balances are always accurate.
- Prepare timely and accurate creditors aged analysis.
- Reconcile creditors sub ledger accounts to the general ledger.
- Post all creditors invoices and payments in the accounting system.
- File all documents including invoices in a systematic manner with clear trail for retrieval.
- Compile monthly VAT and Withholding Tax returns and submit to ZIMRA before statutory deadline date.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations and ensure that they are complete and accurate.
- Co-ordinate and supervise the work of the Accounts Clerks on a daily basis.
- Prepare monthly external audit file, in particular areas relating to creditors.
- Perform reconciliations on inter-company transactions and ensure a file is kept with all supporting documentation.
- Ensuring that all the data capturing is done daily and completed before month-end run and year end roll over procedures are done.
- Post payroll journals in the accounting system and reconcile payroll summaries to Paywell.
- Ensure that no backlog is created in the department at all cost.
- Implement departmental resolutions in consultation with supervisor
- Any other duties as maybe assigned by management.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Full membership or studying towards CIS/ACCA/CIMA
- At least one year working experience in the same or similar position
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience with accounting packages, preferably SAGE
- Proficiency in Microsoft office especially Ms Excel, Ms Word and Powerpoint
- Excellent presentation skills
A remuneration package commensurate with education and experience will be given to the successful candidate.
Interested candidates meeting the above specifications and qualifications should apply in writing attaching detailed Resumes and 3 traceable referees no later than
26 January 2024 to email: email@example.com to the attention of:
The Human Resources Executive
Allied Timbers Zimbabwe (Pvt) Ltd
125A Borgward Road